[muglo] Re: routers and home network

  • From: Greg Mrowiec <mgm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 19:51:13 -0400

Hi

Gerhard,

I have airport extreme at home and would like to use the USB
connection for additional HD that can be shared.
I have Mac Book and two Windows Vista driven computers.
Is there in the net step by step instruction how to set up such network?

Greg

On 23-Oct-07, at 7:18 PM, Gerhard Kuhn wrote:
Most makes work fine and you can set them up using your browser, the
Airport is easier to set up but it should it costs 3 times as much.
I have an Airport extreme mainly because I was able to connect a USB
hard-drive and share it over the network.  My first one was a Linksys
and it was the most difficult to set up I finally had to take it to
work and use the PC to set it up but I think most modern ones are or
can be set up using a web-browser

Gerhard