[muglo] Re: reading documents

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:33:37 -0400

"Susan N. Dunbar" wrote:

>  Tried to open the file entitled  Cherryhill Application Letter.w  that I was
>
> told was in word and still could not.

> Using OS X and Appleworks 6.2.4 I got an
> empty page on one try and gobbledygook on another try.  I am not a
> programmerand don't recognize the symbols and what ever ... please pardon my
> use of gobbledygook but that is what it seemed like to me.

That's exactly how it would look!! Seems to suggest it may not be a MS Word
file. MS Word files may come with a .doc file extension at the end; your name
of the file starts with .w suggesting it may be a Word perfect file.

Oh and welcome to the world of extensions with OS X. Your Appleworks files will
now be graced with the .cwk extension (which you may or may not see). Three
steps forward 2 steps backwards!!

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>