 From: Dean Danis <dean_danis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2012 5:27:25 PM
Subject: [muglo] Re: printing unprintable PDFs

Good point Mary. Also try opening the PDF using Preview rather than Acrobat
Reader. It the printing is password protected for the document Reader won't
give you the option to print it, but Preview will. Also keep in mind there's a
big difference between Acrobat Reader and Acrobat Pro on the mac.

________________________________
Dean Danis
519-494-8639
90 Caprice Cr.
London Ontario
N5V 3M2

________________________________
From: m.k.read@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 16:56:39 -0400
To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Have you looked under "Security" in settings when you are exporting the PDF
from InDesign (File/Adobe PDF Presets)? There's a box that allows you to
restrict printing and other editing tasks which you'll need to deselect.

Not sure why you may have problems printing others' PDFs, unless there is
something in your Acrobat preferences that has disabled it. If I were you, I'd
trash its preferences from your library and start from scratch. Can't hurt to
trash the InDesign prefs at the same time, and sometimes I find dumping the
Library/Preferences file "com.adobe.mediabrowser.plist" along with the others
will also help.

Mary