[muglo] Re: printer

  • From: "Eric Dunbar" <eric.dunbar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 19:48:38 -0400

On 28/06/06, Paul Thomas <paul_thomas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a Canon iP3000 printer with 4 cartridges, black and 3 colours,
> which I am pleased with; however, one thing I don't like is the Utility
> which, amongst other things, allows one to see how much ink is left in
> the cartridges. However when one uses it the colour levels always show
> the same amount which is obviously wrong as I use some colours more
> than others!!!  Has anyone else had the same problem?  And is there a
> solution to this problem as the idea of having 3 colours was to save
> throwing away a colour that was hardly used!!!!

Have you run out of any one of the inks yet?

It could  be that you are using the colours at roughly the same rate. I've
now for the first time run into a situation where my colours are _not_
evenly matched but that's only because we've printed the _same_ image many
(50+) times--but, then again, previously I wasn't a heavy colour user (I've
been converted by a cheap supply of colour inks).

PS I didn't think the Mac OS X drivers for the Canon printers tracked ink.

Eric.

        http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/joinus.html

            http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/