[muglo] Re: palm pilot

  • From: Eurogarth <eurogarth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Muglo@Freelists. Org" <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 11:56:29 -0400

Jim:

Now that PocketMac makes a decent Mac Sync program, I'd go the Windows route
and most likely the iPAQ or Sony.

Compatibility with e-mail, Excel, Word and Powerpoint are still much better
on the Windows side... Palm is spinning their wheels, but continuing to lose
ground. esp due to the difference in how they record contacts for sync-ing
with Outlook, Outlook Express, Entourage.

While I still love and use my HP-Journada, and think it's a much better
package than the iPAQ, it is going away in favour of the iPAQ... Go to your
local Future Shop and and compare...

I know many here will disagree, but IMO the PC Handhelds do just about
everything better than Palm and now that they're easy to sync with Mac (at
least one of the iPAQs now comes with full OS-X compatibility built-in)

Garth.