[muglo] Re: palm pilot

>.
>
>As far as the functions of the Newton, it was certainly a very
>impressive piece of technology at the time. If you're willing to use
>special software and consider the "real" possibilities of a piece of
>hardware, I challenge you to compare the Newton to the Sharp Zaurus.
>You get regular handwriting recognition, amazing expansion, endless
>software possibilities (the OS can be completely flashed, other linux
>distros are available) including X11 and KDE. The expansion
>capabilities exceed that of the newton (more hardware is supported -
>ethernet, 802.11b, cellular data, bar code scanning, bluetooth, compact
>flash/sd memory, 56k modem, and more),

well, here I am reading mail from 2 years ago.... late in replying of
course, LOL

I just have to say on this newton thing, that the expansion
capabilities of the newton include :

ethernet (well, not really expansion since it was already built-in)
802.11b wireless
cellular data
bar code scanning
text scanning
ata flash memory cards/compact flash & the older flash cards
56k modem
and more....

(not to mention the undisputed, best handwriting recognition any
device ever manufactured has ever had)

seems like all it's missing from your list is bluetooth
I think the newton is capable of more than you think....

--
-------
Free yourself from auto dependence...

           http://muglo.on.ca/