[muglo] Re: muglo Digest V9 #227

  • From: sue galos <vsgalos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 18:56:04 -0800 (PST)

hello folks  - I have a question about Time Machine. I bought and installed a
new back up drive - a G series Enclosure - and it started the back up process -
I seem unable to set up any preferences for the operation- it backs up my
machine every hour .....
is this usual? I couldn't find any info in my Mac os x 10.5 leopard book.
sue
www.sarniasue.blogspot.com
www.suegalos.com/Home.html
www.sarniastudiotour.com/home.html

________________________________
From: joseph nolan <josephnolan1@xxxxxx>
Subject: [muglo] Iphone for sale
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 11:22:28 -0400

Ok, all you people salivating for an I-phone! I am tired of paying
long distance when I venture 5 miles down the 401 and international
roaming as soon as I cross the river into Detroit.  Therefore, I have
disconnected my Rogers phone effective Nov 12 and am selling my I-
phone for the best offer to a deserving MUGLO member. It's a great
phone, and if you tend to stay local, it is inexpensive.  Just don't
consider it if you plan on traveling. I will have it on sale until the
11th and if there are no takers, I will give it to my son to hack.
Best wishes,
Joe Nolan

------------------------------

From: "Patrick S. Fernandes" <ps.fernandes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [muglo] Re: Iphone for sale
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 11:34:43 -0400

What price range are you asking Joe?

Regards,
Patrick

------------------------------

From: Gerhard Kuhn <gerhardk@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 11:54:40 -0400

Rogers offers a 200 minute plan that includes Canada at one rate and
free weekend minutes for $40. For the U.S. they have a plan but if you
can make most of your calls from an area were you have wi-fi access
Skype is the way to go, $3 unlimited U.S. & Canada per month. Skype
voice quality is excellent on the iPhone and the app has worked
reliably for me.

Sent from my iPhone

Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 12:00:19 -0400
Subject: [muglo] possible virus?
From: Audrey Carr <sewnseworama@xxxxxxxxx>

Do I need to action this, or is it fake?  It appeared while I was on the
web. Your advice is appreciated.
Audrey

------------------------------

From: Gerhard Kuhn <gerhardk@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [muglo] Re: possible virus?
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 12:02:19 -0400

Don't go back to that site they are trying to sell you a fake virus
removal tool.

Gerhard

Sent from my iPhone

From: Gerhard Kuhn <gerhardk@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [muglo] Re: From Audrey
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 12:09:35 -0400

If Audrey is a iChat user and has at least OS 10.5 she can screen
share with another MUGLO member and then could get one on one help
without the travel.

Gerhard

Sent from my iPhone

------------------------------

From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 12:18:19 -0400

Wouldn't skype work as well with a video call? A portable video camera
can be aimed at the screen if needed.
On Oct 31, 2009, at 12:09 PM, Gerhard Kuhn wrote:

> If Audrey is a iChat user and has at least OS 10.5 she can screen
> share with another MUGLO member and then could get one on one help
> without the travel.
>
> Gerhard
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 2009-10-30, at 2:43 PM, doug rogers <dougsamu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Audrey Carr in Sarnia posted through the Join page at the Muglo site:
>>> but I donâ??t intend on making any meetings in London-you
>>> have helped me with a problem in the past-feel like I need one on
>>> one lesson. Is that available?
>>

> ---
> Manage your account options at //www.freelists.org/list/muglo

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx
(519) 474-1253 res.
(519) 860-2725 cell

------------------------------

From: Gerhard Kuhn <gerhardk@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 12:41:12 -0400

Screen sharing allows both participants to control one screen much
easier to teach some one a new skill, the audio is still active while
doing that.
Gerhard

Sent from my iPhone

------------------------------

From: Dean Danis <dean_danis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 19:36:16 -0400

Hello Audry,

If you think you may have a virus why not get and run anti-virus software on
your system. ClamXav is easy to set up and use, well supported, and free.

http://www.clamxav.com/

Dean Danis
519-494-8639
90 Caprice Cr.

London Ontario

N5V 3M2

> Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 12:00:19 -0400
> Subject: [muglo] possible virus?
> From: sewnseworama@xxxxxxxxx
> To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Do I need to action this, or is it fake?  It appeared while I was on the
> web. Your advice is appreciated.
> Audrey
>

> ---
> Manage your account options at //www.freelists.org/list/muglo

Save up to 84% on Windows 7 until Jan 3â??eligible CDN College & University
students only. Hurryâ??buy it now for $39.99!
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkidâ??91635

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 00:00:48 -0400
From: Audrey Carr <sewnseworama@xxxxxxxxx>

I have no idea how to be an ichat user or screen share.  What would be
involved?
On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 12:41 PM, Gerhard Kuhn <gerhardk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Screen sharing allows both participants to control one screen much
> easier to teach some one a new skill, the audio is still active while
> doing that.
> Gerhard
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 2009-10-31, at 12:18 PM, Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Wouldn't skype work as well with a video call? A portable video camera
> > can be aimed at the screen if
>
> > needed.
>

> ---
> Manage your account options at //www.freelists.org/list/muglo