[muglo] Re: modem

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 00:33:45 -0400

On 12-Oct-05, at 11:50 PM, Hawk wrote:

> You're right Eric, but the thing is the machine is for our place at
> Port where I don't think they even have high speed. And if they do I
> pay more than $30 for Rogers high speed in London, compared, as you
> say, to $15 in Port. One high-speed expense is manageable buttwo is
> hard to justify, at least for me. I figured they dropped the modems
> because of highspeed. Mind you my ISP at Port has a high-speed service
> but I'm not sure how it works .
> . . and it's still not cheap. If it was my main computer . . . but
> it's not.
> jim

You can get USB modems; the old serial type won't work on the new Macs
because there is nowhere to plug it into! Cutting Edge on Adelaide St.,
just north of Commissioners would be the place I would look. Not sure
of other options other than Ethernet (High Speed). There are even
Ethernet modems for dial-up, but I've never found one in London.
TTFN,
TeeC