[muglo] Re: laptop problems

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 20:05:14 -0400

Before you cut your wrists, try plugging in an external display. If it works, your logic board and graphics are likely OK. Replacing the display can be done for about $200. It also might be a cable problem if the case has been opened recently.

On Apr 28, 2012, at 7:42 PM, Patrick S. Fernandes wrote:

Hello all.. I have a Mac book pro. I was in IPhoto, closed it and faded to a gray screen. Hard boot it up, now I have a pink pixcels screen with boxes. Called a local shop.. Talking things like optic chip card, logic board.... Just the bench cost... Yikes, any thoughts... Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Patrick

Wayne Dobson
G4 eMac, 1.42 GHz