[muglo] Re: ip address printing

  • From: doug rogers <dougsamu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 10:57:39 -0400

Just to clarify:

This old HP Laserjet needs Appletalk. I used a Mac Mini running 10.5 as a print
server, but it continually dropped off the Airport Extreme network, needing a
restart to reset the connection so anyone could print.

I found directions to set it's IP address so I could run it of the Airport
Express.

So, its Gateway is the Airport Extreme, it's Syslog Server is the Airport
Express.

On 2011-09-25, at 10:39 AM, Dave Knight wrote:

> No. In this context syslog is used to send log messages across the network.
> You probably don't want to bother configuring this at all.. but if you do
> you'll want to configure it to send log messages to an actual computer
> capable of receiving them - this could be a Mac, Mac's run syslogd by
> default, you just need to reconfigure it to accept incoming log messages from
> the network.
>
>> and the default gateway address GW BYTE is ?
>
> Your router, which sounds like it's the airport express.

 And this IP connection system bypasses Appletalk then?