[muglo] Re: imac

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 17:33:26 -0400

You have to keep a password for mail. Everyone knows your email address. That link I sent Jim is for remote retrieval of mail on the Rogers site. Anyone in the world can access your email if they have your password. In Port Stanley, when connected through Bell, just go to that Rogers site, type in your password and retrieve your Rogers mail.

On Jun 24, 2010, at 5:08 PM, Paul Thomas wrote:

An excellent idea... I have just been through the same problem with my new iMac and finished up using Applecare, which was excellent... I found that there are two passwords required... one at the beginning which is to gain access to the computer and I was able to leave blank... the second one which is required to unlock the keychain used by Mail... I tried to use a blank one here too but that didn't seem to work and finally gave it an alphanumeric string... a real pain... I can see the necessity in an office situation but not in a home situation with only one user... you would think that there could be someway of turning off the need for a PW (as before) so that it was permanently unlocked.... perhaps there is if I knew how...

Anyway Hawk... all the best... and if you find a way of permanently unlocking the chain, please let me know...

Paul

On 2010-06-24, at 4:51 PM, Hawk wrote:

I wonder if I should just call Apple and have them walk me through it. That
extended warranty has to be worth something. jim

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx
(519) 474-1253 res.
(519) 860-2725 cell