[muglo] Re: imac

  • From: Paul Thomas <paul_thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 17:08:39 -0400

An excellent idea... I have just been through the same problem with my new iMac
and finished up using Applecare, which was excellent...  I found that there are
two passwords required... one at the beginning which is to gain access to the
computer and I was able to leave blank... the second one which is required to
unlock the keychain used by Mail... I tried to use a blank one here too but
that didn't seem to work and finally gave it an alphanumeric string... a real
pain... I can see the necessity in an office situation but not in a home
situation with only one user... you would think that there could be someway of
turning off the need for a PW (as before) so that it was permanently
unlocked.... perhaps there is if I knew how...

Anyway Hawk... all the best... and if you find a way of permanently unlocking
the chain, please let me know...

Paul