[muglo] iPod problem update

Disregard previous message. Found a field in iTunes that lets me
specify the name and location of the folder the iPod will search for
photos, deleting all photos from elsewhere.

Congratulating myself prematurely on this clevr bit of detective work,
I then transferred the iTunes music folder from my own area to the
shared, since both the iPod and the need for the music on it are
Marion's (when I need music, I just call it up out of my diminishing
but not yet wholly depleted mental stock, and it sounds just as fine in
my head as on her big Bose speakers). Now, however, I've been taken
aback by finding no similar field in which to specify what source the
iPod is to search for music. It's now showing no music files at all.

Here's the setup: I've got iTunes 7.3 running under OS 10.4.9 on a 1GB,
1.42 GHz iBook, hooked up to an 80GB iPod Video with iPod Updater (both
versions 4.0.1 and 5.1 in the same Applications>Utilities>iPod Software
Updater folder; the new one didn't kick out the old one; are both
needed or can I kill the earlier version?). The iTunes folder that
previously was in my own user area is now in the Shared user folder,
with just an alias where it used to be. That seems to have worked for
photos, calendars and contacts but not for music.

Any solutions spring to mind, that will still let Marion access the
playlists from her own area?