[muglo] iBook Control Strip

  • From: Ken Davis <kpdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 19:56:47 -0500

Hi Leith,

Many thanks for your research. It seems to be a little more
complicated than on the surface - when the names unexpectedly
returned to the Access Control Panel listing in the Control Strip, I
had no choice but to do further research in an effort to find a cure.

Hopefully, I've found it. Although the names no longer show up in the
Internet Control Panel Sets, they were still listed in the the
File/Configurations list of the Remote Access Control Panel.
Accessing its File/Configurations window allows you to do two things:
a) change the active Set (just like the  popup listing of the Remote
Access Control Panel module in the Control Strip) or b) delete
configurations.

Success! Deleting configurations resulted in that listing
disappearing from the Remote Access Control Panel module listing in
the Control Strip - seems so easy now :) I'm almost embarassed to
say. Hopefully this will end this matter.

(BTW, if other MUGLO members would prefer not to receive drivel such
as this, plse make it known. Thx).

--

* In a world without walls or fences, who needs WINDOWS or GATES? *