[muglo] Re: hard drive

  • From: Dean Danis <dean_danis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 12:56:15 -0400

Hawk, If you keep unplugging an external hard drive without first disconnecting
it you could damage the file structure of the drive. It probably won't damage
the drive physically, but you could lose all your files. Journaling helps to
recover from these situations which is why the OS asks you plug the drive back
in.

Dean Danis
519-494-8639
90 Caprice Cr.

London Ontario

N5V 3M2

> Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 19:22:31 -0400
> Subject: [muglo] hard drive
> From: taylorc547@xxxxxxxxxx
> To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> What would happen if I just unplugged the external drive and plugged it back
> in again? Can I do any damage to the drive on the computer? jim

> ---
> Manage your account options at //www.freelists.org/list/muglo

Live connected. Get Hotmail & Messenger on your phone.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid?24462