[muglo] file gone 'exec'

  • From: Doug Bale <dougbale@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 17:28:06 -0700 (PDT)

A file containing a photo I want has gone Pete Tong on me. It could be a
straight Photoshop 3 file, but Photoshop CS3 won't recognize it, nor will
Graphic Converter or Preview. I THINK what it is is a Pagemaker 6.5 file with
the photo embedded in it, but I no longer have Pagemaker, and Indesign won't
touch this thing either. The icon has changed into a generic-looking grey Unix
file, with the word "exec" in the top left corner in green. Get Info calls it a
TextEdit document, but it doesn't respond to TextEdit any more than to anything
else.

Anybody got any ideas? Or does anybody still have Pagemaker 6 or 6.5 and the
time to try to crack this thing if I e-mail it? I've no idea how long ago the
file went south, but the change, whatever it was, predates every backup I've
got.