[muglo] Re: eMac Keyboard Problem [OT]

  • From: "Eric D" <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 23:26:45 -0400

>Infer what you wish, but there was no such statement from me. All I said
>was
>that there are some 600K PSWs who have to use the French character set in
>their jobs... Of course there are way more PSWs in this country, but these
>are the 600K required to work in front of a 'puter. My point was/is that
>Apple would be foolish not to chase such a large market... One of the
>biggest in Canada.

Hmmm. Methinks you are making invalid inferences. Nay, I *know* you are
making invalid inferences (unless there are 600 000 PSWs who use French
daily but you have yet to come out and make that statement... you try to
dance around it in the paragraph quoted above by being very careful to put
in the caveat "required to work in front of a 'puter" so you can allow your
statement to swing both ways... you'd make a good Tory politician...
"there's no 4.6 billion $ deficit", and then later come out and say, "oh,
btw the deficit is 4.5 billion"). If there are 600 000 public service
workers only a very few of them actually have need for French (yes, many of
them are bilingual but it doesn't mean that they're actually using computers
that require the ability to communicate in *French*).

PS I hope you're not in charge of finances anywhere b/c that's pretty
creative accounting when you're attempting to conclude that 600 000 PSWs
(regardless of need) will all be using French (when very few in fact will).

Eric.