[muglo] Re: dumb sales pitches

  • From: Paul Thomas <paul_thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 13:08:25 -0500

As is already mentioned somewhere, these guys are just trying to make
a living - I guess that they reckon that if they lose a few customers
who are annoyed it's made up for by the sales to the ones they don't
lose!

I don't know how many people have Rogers - probably most if only for
TV 0 but I have 3 services and yet it seems I get almost daily
mailings wanting me to take the services that I have already got -
and also periodic calls from them too.......  I guess it is cheaper
to send the stuff to everyone than have a computer check their
database of customers (which I guess they have) and have the flier
sent to those who do not have the item(s).....

THe same with the professional organisation who has different special
interest groups and I periodically get notices to get me to join a
computer group for which I have been a member for at least 25
years!!  But again I guess it's cheaper to send it to me and many
others (even with the mailing costs) than to check against a data
base using a computer search...

[end of rant]

Paul