[muglo] Re: data migration

  • From: Dave Knight <dave@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 13:38:30 -0400

If you connect the machines back to back you might encounter problems with
Migration Assistant not being able to discover the other computer due to the
machines not getting a sensible IP address given to them, due to the lack of
router. The benefit to direct connection is that you remove the possible
bandwidth bottle-neck of the router, but seeing as one of your machines is a
G3-300 the router is the least of your worries in that regard.

dave