[muglo] Re: data migration

  • From: Dean Danis <dean_danis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 11:03:13 -0400

>       purchased a nmac mini.

What type of mini did you purchase. Can you give us a bit more details?

> trying to migrate files, data, etc. from my old G3 to the mini.

What type of G3 do you have? Can you give us a model number, name or colour
combination.

> No success...firewire-holding down the T-key nothing works

Did the computer go into target disk mode?

> attempted to find out firewire version no success and when I atempted
> to locate firewire on Mac site to download...no location could be
> found.

Not sure what your looking for here.

> Can this be done via USB or is firewire the only way?

Firewire is one way. An alternate method would be to image the G3 drive and get
that image mounted on the mini. You could then use migration assistant on the
mini to import your old account. Getting the image over depends on what extra
hardware you have available.

> thanks, Gary
>
> ---
> Manage your account options at //www.freelists.org/list/muglo

Learn more ways to connect with your buddies now
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9734388