[muglo] Re: back up HD

  • From: Doug Bale <dougbale@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 08:12:02 -0700 (PDT)

Not sure about the risk of corrupting File Vault files with SuperDuper! I've
never thought the speed penalty exacted by File Vault was worth the undoubted
security for the few files I care to keep confidential -- simpler just to keep
them on a separate disk. What I can say, though, is that SuperDuper! has never
caused a problem with Stuffit that were compressed and password-protected,
where it's a case not of a disk image but just a scrambled data stream.