[muglo] Was: imac Now: Email conventions

  • From: Barry Takayesu <barryt99@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 19:55:35 -0400

On 2010-06-24, at 7:15 PM, Hawk wrote:

> In Port Stanley I have an icon on the tool bar I just click on for my Rogers
> email Wayne. No muss, no fuss. jim

>> Well, OK Barry. As I recall Wayne questioned why I insisted that the email I
>> was using was Bell and not Rogers. He thought I had only one address and I
>> had mentioned I had one at "Port." He didn't understand what I meant by Port
>> and Martin explained that some of us have places by the lake... such as Port
>> Stanley. I told him he was correct.
>>   Clear enough? jim

I was going to ignore the snippiness, but it's obvious you don't understand -
as seen in your next post (at the top). Almost all others follow this email
etiquette which makes for 'everyone playing nice'.

Here are a few excerpts to some email conventions: (not my rules)

• If you reply to an email, it should be clear what you are replying to. That's
why the text of the original message is usually quoted in a reply.

• Do repeat, in as few words as possible, questions you are answering.
Instead of a mere "Yes.", try "You asked whether we want apples. Yes we do." or
"We want apples, yes.".

• If you reply to the reply of a reply, you can remove old, now unnecessary
messages from the bottom.

• Write a Good Email Subject line.

I was saying it nicely, I thought, and really if you choose not to use standard
email convention, that's up to you. I'm not here to wage war - only to
enlighten.
Prestige Print & Graphics       Barry Takayesu
10592 Wellington Road   P: (519) 631-8800
St.Thomas, ON                   F: (519) 631-6316
Canada                          barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx