[muglo] Re: Volunteer moderator

  • From: Barry Takayesu <barryt99@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 18:34:40 -0400

On 2010-06-08, at 5:17 PM, Wayne Dobson wrote:

> I know Doug Rogers steps in when all hell breaks loose, but does anyone else
> think we might need a moderator to step in and say 'Enough' when needed on
> some threads? I know we lost some potential members in the past when threads
> went on and on ad nauseum. Anyone want to volunteer for the job as Speaker? I
> would suggest someone like Barry who appears sane and impartial.

I think Doug probably has a bigger bag of 'nice' words to use than I. I
expected that self-policing amongst adults would rule the day, instead of rue
the day. There were several attempts to close the thread yesterday but there
are those who cannot take a hint unless it was at the end of a baseball bat.

It saddens and angers me that so much effort goes into some inane topic like
this (inane because it has nothing to do with Muglo) and yet when an on-topic
question of 'what topics would you like to see in future meetings' or who could
do a 5 or 10 minute Show and Tell on a topic of your own interest, brings a
thread to a screeching halt.

Thank you for the thoughts Wayne, but I've run out of nice ways of saying
things. Besides, Doug has the keys to the gate and has the ability to close it
as I had suggested to him about a month ago. However, I think it is incumbent
on all members to be able to say "Enough already" and move on and for the
thicker members to learn - Don't even reply in acknowledgement - Just drop it.

A week ago, I had asked a member if he could output some posters for the
forthcoming meeting and to have it brought to the library where they would be
sent to all the other libraries in London, but I haven't heard back. It isn't
very practical for me since I live and work in St.Thomas.  So - if anyone of
you readers can do this, please let me know. This is the file:

Prestige Print & Graphics       Barry Takayesu
10592 Wellington Road   P: (519) 631-8800
St.Thomas, ON                   F: (519) 631-6316
Canada                          barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx