[muglo] Re: Virtual PC

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 17:13:45 -0500

On Dec 4, 2005, at 4:41 PM, Theresa Roth wrote:

> Theresa writes
> There is noting in Virtual PC Prefs about this. Where can I look on
> Virtual
> PC?  I looked at modems in the Control Panel and nothing shows.  I also
> tried Add Hardware but no modem is found.
>

>>   You'll probably need to go into Virtual PC Prefs or configurations
>> and just
>> make sure the program can see the new (to it) modem,

I did at one time use VPC 3.x. (under OS 8.x and 9.x) with a modem.
Haven't had to for awhile but once you start VPC you are basically
running a windows machine.  Whatever you need to do to configure a
modem in Window 98, 2K,XP etc you'll need to do with VPC.  Most of us
Mac heads haven't touch a modem config in Windows for a long time.

Have you looked through the VPC manual? What does it suggest?
Have you talked to a windows friend that might be able to help you
through?

VPC 3.x itself allowed mapping of COM1 and COM2 ports to OS 8.x and 9.x
modem and printer ports.  Not sure how it works in VPC 6.x. and OS X.

Martin