[muglo] Re: VersionTracker.com: Hewlett Packard

  • From: 'TDK' Tim Kearn <kearn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 01:32:05 -0400

on 7/21/02 1:13 AM, Eric D. at hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> on 21/7/02 00:33, 'TDK' Tim Kearn at kearn@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> (ie - my mom needed a new keyboard/mouse for her Bondi iMac. She suffers
>> from wrist pain (had an operation - forget the name of the condition, it's
>> late) and she saw the Microsoft (I know!) keyboard and mouse package. The
>> box said Windows....but yet at Version Tracker.com and Mactopia.com (MS's
>> Mac site) had the drivers, control panels and extensions for it! Installed
>> fine and sure beats the old iMac set!)
>
> If she actually uses the second/third mouse button and the scrolly whell on
> the mouse keep using the software (or get USB Overdrive (I think that's what
> it's called)), otherwise, remove it post haste.
>
> It's yet another extension/control panel to screw up a computer and I've
> discovered that both M$ Intellipoint software and USB Overdrive (more so
> than the Intellipoint software) cause dialup internet problems. USB
> keyboards and mice work seamlessly with all USB Macs and do not need drivers
> (& OS X supports scroll wheels and 2nd, 3rd and 4th mouse buttons).
>
> Eric (this *really* is late ;)

Eric,

Now, this is even later!
She found things to work well, no problems with the dial-up (she only uses
about 13 hours/month). But the MS software allows her to configure the
keyboard and mouse more to her liking. Once she learned to use the right
click buttons it saved her a lot of movement.
Have used USB overdrive for some games and it is good for the Gravis
Gamepad.
Calling it a night - the kids are going to be up in a few hours! =)

Tim

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>