[muglo] Re: VersionTracker.com: Hewlett Packard

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 01:13:23 -0400

on 21/7/02 00:33, 'TDK' Tim Kearn at kearn@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> (ie - my mom needed a new keyboard/mouse for her Bondi iMac. She suffers
> from wrist pain (had an operation - forget the name of the condition, it's
> late) and she saw the Microsoft (I know!) keyboard and mouse package. The
> box said Windows....but yet at Version Tracker.com and Mactopia.com (MS's
> Mac site) had the drivers, control panels and extensions for it! Installed
> fine and sure beats the old iMac set!)

If she actually uses the second/third mouse button and the scrolly whell on
the mouse keep using the software (or get USB Overdrive (I think that's what
it's called)), otherwise, remove it post haste.

It's yet another extension/control panel to screw up a computer and I've
discovered that both M$ Intellipoint software and USB Overdrive (more so
than the Intellipoint software) cause dialup internet problems. USB
keyboards and mice work seamlessly with all USB Macs and do not need drivers
(& OS X supports scroll wheels and 2nd, 3rd and 4th mouse buttons).

Eric (this *really* is late ;)

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>