[muglo] Toast 5 and La Cie USB Burner

  • From: Leith Peterson <lpeterso@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 17:03:34 -0400

I'm using above on a Power Mac 7300, running 8.6 with 2 USB Cards,
and using Apple's USB Card Assistant 1.4.1.  The La Cie Burner is
4x4x32x CD-RW USB.  After considerable discussions with both Roxio
and La Cie, it appears the La Cie burner does not run well with USB
cards.  For one thing, the Recorder Info command doesn't work and the
burner is only intermittently recognized, even with every
conceiveable extension off except the absolutely necessary.  I've
also tried turning virtual memory off, rebooting, etc.  It's
frustrating as sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  I've
tried checking the cables, etc.

La Cie keeps telling me to run it on my iBook with Silverlining
6.4.4.  However, I would prefer to use the burner with my 7300 for a
variety of reasons.  Questions:

1.      Does anyone know of a CD burner that runs well with USB Cards and 8.6?

2.      If there is burner I could get which will work, would anyone
be interested in buying the La Cie off me?  It came with Toast 4.1.2.
I paid $359 + tax in Jun/01.  Lower price negotiable.

I live in London, ON.

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>