[muglo] Re: Suspicious email activity

  • From: Regina Satorius <regina@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Muglo <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:05:59 -0500

Thanks everyone, I had no saved attachments so I have to believe Theresa and
Gerhard that the problem is not on my computer. I will let our ISP (DIG)
know what's happening, they may be interested.

on 11/8/04 12:32 PM, Eurogarth at eurogarth@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Specific to Entourage, in ALL "User" folders on your hard drive(s):
> check for any files in "Documents", "Microsoft User Data", "Saved
> Attachments"  (Or you can do a find folder on "Saved Attachments" if you
> have a lot of user accounts on your hard drive)
>
> That's where my spammer/spoofer/virus was hidden.
>
> Garth.
>
>> Theresa writes
>> I, too, have had this happen.  Since I found out on this list that it is not
>> on my computer, I ignore it.
>>
>>> You are right it is probably a virus or a spammer but it is not on your
>>> computer.  If it is a virus it is running on a Windows PC and spoofing
>>> random addresses out of that computers address book in order to
>>> propagate itself.  If it is a spammer it is an attempt to circumvent
>>> spam filters by using addresses not associated with spam.  Not much you
>>> can do about either situation.
>>>
>>> Gerhard

>>> For information concerning the MUGLO List just click on
>>>
>>>            http://muglo.on.ca/Pages/joinus.html
>>>
>>> Our Archives can be viewed at
>>>
>>>          //www.freelists.org/archives/muglo
>>>
>>> Don't forget to periodically check our web site at:
>>>
>>>                  http://muglo.on.ca/

>> For information concerning the MUGLO List just click on
>>
>>          http://muglo.on.ca/Pages/joinus.html
>>
>> Our Archives can be viewed at
>>
>>        //www.freelists.org/archives/muglo
>>
>> Don't forget to periodically check our web site at:
>>
>>                http://muglo.on.ca/

>          http://muglo.on.ca/Pages/joinus.html
>
> Our Archives can be viewed at
>
>        //www.freelists.org/archives/muglo

>                http://muglo.on.ca/

Regina Satorius, BA
Production Supervisor
HONEY Design, Marketing & Communications
660 Maitland Street, London, Ontario  N5Y 2V8
t. (519) 679-0786 or 519. 679.6755 x212
f. (519) 642-1552
e. regina@xxxxxxxxxxx
www.beebrand.com
This e-mail contains legally privileged and confidential information
intended only for the individual or entity named in the message. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent
responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is prohibited. If this communication was received in error,
please notify us by reply e-mail and delete the original message.