[muglo] Re: Sept. meeting - Automator

  • From: Doug Bale <dougbale@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 06:54:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 8/28/08, doug rogers <dougsamu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Us lunkheads just got a lunk to the head. There is a
> folder action to do that. Built in. Ever use Folder Actions?

I never have, Doug -- the more fool me! I'd read about them but never got
around to actually trying any of them. I looked up the one you're talking
about, but it makes the changes using GraphicConverter, which I'm already know
how to do. I'm trying to avoid GC so as not to let it become the default photo
app and have to go through the extra step of changing that back to Photoshop
after each time of running the routine. It may be possible to edit the Folder
Action so that it uses PS instead of GC; I'll look into it.

In any case, thanks for drawing my attention to the whole range of Folder
Actions. It looks as if a week or two of experimenting there would be well
worth while.

This is absolutely the best thing about MUGLO. No matter how much you think you
know, there's always someone who can tip you off to something you've overlooked.