[muglo] Re: Selling an Apple device?

  • From: Andy Skuse <askuse@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 20:34:55 -0500

Very good advice! This was a big problem when I worked at Mac Outpost. Before
buying a used or trade-in computer or device from a customer, the customers
would have to turn off the FindMyX function, or use one of our demo computers
to login to iCloud to remove their device from iCloud, or call Apple if they
forgot their Apple ID. And if we took in a device that hadn't been removed from
iCloud and the customer left and then we couldn't get hold of the customer...
ugh.

Andy
-------
MacTech
519-709-9946

On 2015-10-29, at 4:59 PM, Frank wrote:

Remember to turn OFF THE FINDMY MAC on you device.

IO S devices will not clear this switch when factory reset. ( prob to
preclude stones/lost devices from being activated fully.

The device will prompt, continuously, for the ICloud password. Thus making
access to the unit useless.

Good security feature but a pain in the butt for those who buy a legitimate
device but the user forgot to switch find my Mac off.

If you buy a unit make sure Find My Mac is turned off on the device.

Cheers f

---
The group web site is at http://muglo.ca/Welcome_to_Muglo.html

The group web site is at http://muglo.ca/Welcome_to_Muglo.html