[muglo] Re: Sample Forum

  • From: Susan Dunbar <sndunbar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 13:02:19 -0400

On 23 Mar, 2008, at 4:27 PM, Paul Thomas wrote:

> I have now put up a sample Forum for you look at for your comments!
> 1) Whether you like the idea of a Forum?

I do not like the idea of a Forum where I cannot arrange to have the
messages delivered to my inbox in my mail program.  I do not like to
have to log onto a Forum to read messages from others in the group. I
wish the messages delivered to my mail box as the Yahoo Groups or
Google groups and many other groups can be handled.

> 2) Whether you like the ProBoards type of Forum?

As Forums go it is run of the mill.

I do not like having to scroll down the page to read messages after I
log in.

As for threading of messages, one can do this in Mac Mail without much
difficulty.  Why reinvent the wheel?

Susan