[muglo] Re: Sale or give away Mac Performa?

  • From: Tee Cashmore <tee.cashmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 02:14:41 -0400

Galen wrote:

 >Sorry, I wasn't thinking much here. I don't really deal much with
Canadian stuff, please excuse my lapse. I will have to be sure to
specify USD in the future and will assume you're talking about Canadian
dollars on this list, as it is sort of based in Canada.<
    No problem and I was a little off exchange wise, but it does make a
difference.

>Wow, you must have *amazing* schools up there. Down here (Washington,
>USA), almost any school would take the 6400, even stuff back to the
>first PowerMacs. Some schools will even take almost anything.

Not really, just administrators who wear blinkers.

>Yes, I do hook up a number of sales this way also, but almost always my
>clients, at least around here, are ready to spend USD $2,000-3,000 on
>computer stuff and a non-G4 PowerMac makes almost no sense.

Wow!! My clients want to spend from nothing up to $500 and most of them
can easily manage with a PPC, but a G4 is total overkill. Some of my
overseas clients still use Apple //s.
BTW it's good to get your US input to our Canadian scene.
TTFN,
TeeC