[muglo] SCSI Woes? Zip and Scan

  • From: Paul Thomas <paulthomas@xxxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO List <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:28:21 -0500

I recently was having a lot of crashes and freezes so decided that the time
had come to do a clean sweep!!  I removed the system folder and did a clean
install of my sys 8.0/8.1 on my Performa 5260. This got rid of the crashes
but I could not reinstall my Zip Driver!  This was resolved finally by
downloading and installing a newer version of the Zip Drive software!! The
only problem now is with the scanner, a UMAX Vista - S6.

The problem is that whilst the Zip Drive works fine, the scanner does not -
but gives queer error messages such as "The SCSI bus is busy" when using
PhotoDeluxe and "Scanner link failure" with the Copier program; there is no
such problem if I disconnect the Zip Drive cable (power  off alone has no
effect).  I suspected that there might be a problem with the SCSI numbers. I
checked these and found them to be OK - the Zip Drive is #6 and the Scanner
is #5.  I used to have a small program that checked these out by giving you
a list of what was connected to each number as a check - unfortunately I
can't remember the name of it to find it again - anyone know it?
Anyway, can anyone suggest a solution to the problem which was not a problem
before I reinstalled the software???  In the meantime I have to keep
plugging the devices to use the Scanner - the Scanner does not interfer with
the Zip Drive only vice versa!!!

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give!

Paul

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>