[muglo] Re: Reducing pdf files

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 09:00:01 -0400

No problem getting screenshots. They are however, pdf files in the 1 Mb range. Some replies would require 4 or 5 shots, making the file size unwieldy. Preview has a regular file reduction command, which reduces the resolution dramatically. By adjusting the quartz filter(see previous post), the file is reduced by 90% with acceptable resolution(Compare my last two screenshots, (one at 1 Mb and one at 143 Kb). Physically, the file is still large to fit on a page, but the resize function in Preview(Pixel size) was removed in Leopard for some reason known only to Apple. It's liveable, but it would make for a neater post. I know it could be done in another app like iPhoto, but it's a lot smoother and faster just using Preview and one click.

On Jun 15, 2010, at 7:22 AM, doug rogers wrote:

Command Shift 4 will give you a crop tool when making a screenshot
Command shift 3 spacebar gives you a camera to snap the foremost window
iPhoto allows emailing different sized version of the photo
Preview has a cropping tool

On 15-Jun-10, at 6:37 AM, Wayne Dobson wrote:

Sometimes a screenshot is worth a thousand words.

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx
(519) 474-1253 res.
(519) 860-2725 cell