[muglo] Re: RANT on Canadian imperial settings & politics (was Re:OS Autoconnect)

  • From: Tee Cashmore <tee.cashmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:49:57 -0400

Eric D wrote:

>RANT WARNING:.....
>
>If people want to be dumb enough to use imperial measures, why don't they
>just start using base-12 or base-16 for calculations (base-16 would be about
>as logical and easy to use as pounds, inches, feet, yards, miles, ounces,
>quarts, gallons, etc.)?
>
>Anyway, that's my _incoherent_ rant on the subject!!!
>
>Eric.

My Expat Brit Ranting.
While I agree with your sentiments, methinks you had better visit the UK
sometime. Imperial is used often, but metric is making big inroads, even
on my last visit in 1999, partly because of the Euro & ECC. Most
Canadians still think in Imperial; check the supermarket's pricing.
TTFN,
TeeC