[muglo] Re: Promoting Muglo

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 18:46:34 -0400

I held off replying as I had some reservations. Besides the new Mac user/convert, I figure there are two other categories of new members: students required to switch to Macs for a course and seniors having problems with start-up manuals. These last two would likely not end up being long-term members and would leave when they received what they wanted. Further reflection brought on these conclusions; students grow up with computers these days and the transition to Mac is intuitive. My recent experience with my own "Miss Daisy' really surprised me. After a weekend of instruction, I get one email question a week, maybe. Conclusion - anyone joining up is probably in for the long haul and worth our attention. Personally, I don't see it as promoting Macs. Steve Jobs doesn't need our help. Rather, I prefer to see this as 'paying it forward', or giving back for all the help we have received. Count me in.

On Jun 8, 2010, at 7:37 PM, Theresa Roth wrote:

I am wondering if there are any MUGLO members interested in promoting MUGLO to the public at events, malls etc. It would involve the following:

Time [1-2 hours]
Table & Chairs(s) [Portable]
Display materials [Professional artwork would be nice, maybe we could get it donated . . .] Organization [I’m volunteering to organize if others are interested in being present]

Maybe this issue has been beaten to an early grave before my time. Maybe, we don’t want a huge influx of new members as we have such a wonderful time together as we are right now(!)

Any ideas?

Theresa

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx