[muglo] Re: Printer error

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 10:28:19 -0400

Theresa,
I think that that happen to me once as well.  Not sure what solved the problem
but I did get it resolved.  I tried the following search:

OSX printer requesting password

and the topmost hit was in one of the Apple responses (I've only cut and pasted
a bit); I doubt this is the answer but worth a shot:

Symptoms
With Mac OS X v10.5.7, 10.5.8, or 10.6 and later, you may be prompted to enter
the name and password of a user in the "lpadmin" group when adding a printer,
removing a printer, or adjusting printer settings.

Resolution
Mac OS X v10.6

If Parental Controls is in use, log in as an administrator, open Parental
Controls preferences for the affected account, and deselect the "Limit printer
administration" option.

Otherwise, please see If you can’t add or remove printers from your list of
printers and Mac OS X v10.6: Mac 101 - Printing.

If you continue to have problems I am available to Skype, if you have it
installed and can at least see what is happening with screen sharing and we can
walk through some things.

Martin