[muglo] Re: Printer error

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 12:21:27 -0400

You need to click 'the lock' to make changes and it will be highlighted again. It makes no sense, but it's worth a try. As OSX updates come along, strange things happen to once-normal settings. After the last Leopard update, my Samsung printer ML 2010 will only work with the driver for model ML 1630. I gave up questioning these things; if it works, just do it.

On May 31, 2012, at 12:10 PM, Theresa Roth wrote:

Thanks Wayne.

I am the only admin user. There is no password required.

The part about allow this user to administer this computer is checked but faded.

On 31/05/12 12:04 PM, "Wayne Dobson" <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The suggested resolution left out the one applicable to you, mainly OSX 10.5.8: Determine which administrator it is that users on the computer are prompted to enter the name and password of in the "lpadmin" group, when adjusting printer settings. Log in as an administrator user who is able to adjust printer settings without being prompted to enter the name and password. If all administrator users are experiencing this behavior, or if there is only one administrator account on the computer, use the Accounts pane of System Preferences to add a temporary administrator account, then login as this new administrator user. From the Apple () menu, choose System Preferences, then click Accounts. Select the name of an administrator user who is unable to adjust printer settings. Click the box next to "Allow user to administer this computer" to remove the checkmark from this box.

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx
(519) 474-1253 res.
(519) 860-2725 cell