[muglo] Re: Printer Presets

  • From: "Eric D" <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 13:56:25 -0500

Looks like you can't overwrite "Standard". Although, I suspect it's possible
to "hack" Standard to a certain default and if you have OS X Server it's
probably possible to set the default printer settings easily enough. Also,
from Mac OS X help:

"Saving a group of print options as a preset

If you have a combination of options that you frequently use when printing a
document, you can save it as a "preset." For example, if you often like to
print two pages on each sheet of paper with a double hairline border, you
can combine those options as a single preset and quickly apply them without
having to select each option individually.

        1.       With a document open, choose File > Print.
        2.       Select the options you want to use.
        3.       Choose Save As from the Presets pop-up menu and type a name
for the
set of options.

To use this set of options when you print a document, choose its name from
the Presets pop-up menu.

Note: Some options cannot be saved in a preset. After saving a group of
print options as a preset, print a document using the preset to see if it
prints the way you want.

If you want to change the preset, choose its name from the Presets pop-up
menu, make changes to the options, then choose Save from the Preset pop-up
menu. Choose Rename to change the name of a preset. Choose Delete to remove
the preset.

To see a list of all the options included in a specific preset, choose its
name from the Presets pop-up menu, and then choose Summary from the Copies &
Pages pop-up menu."