[muglo] Re: Password Locked iPad

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 22:44:46 -0400

It is that easy, and apparently this security loophole is corrected in iOS5. My instructions were dual; holding both buttons until the Apple logo appears performs a 'Hard reset', erasing all data and settings. continuing to hold the 'Home' button until the 'Plug-in' logo appears puts the iPad in 'Recovery mode' allowing you to plug into iTunes to restore the firmware and start life anew.(A wiped clean brick is still a brick)

On Mar 13, 2012, at 5:47 PM, Gerhard Kuhn wrote:

I don't think it is quite that easy, doing that is the equivalent of pulling the power cord on a desktop. I just did it to my iPad and everything is still fine.

Gerhard
gerhardk@xxxxxxx

On Mar 13, 2012, at 7:27 AM, Frank Birch <fbirch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hold the power button and button at bottom down together for about a minute. That should factory reset the unit . All apps and data will be lost.

---
The group web site is at http://muglo.ca/Welcome_to_Muglo.html

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx