[muglo] Re: Password Locked iPad

1) hold down power and home buttons till slide screen comes on
2) keep holding it
3) once the apple logo shows remove your finger off the power button
4) keep holding the home button till it says connect to itunes.
5) connect to itunes and reset it.

WARNING: YOU WILL LOSE ALL INFO/DATA ON THE IPOD
(This shouldn't bother you, as you are holding a brick to start with)

On Mar 12, 2012, at 9:01 PM, Barry Takayesu wrote:

I have a friend who was given an iPad (version 1) since he (the donor) didn't use it. However it is password protected and he can't remember the code. At first, I was concerned that it might be 'hot', but she (the recipient) assures me that she was there when it was purchased.

One of the ways I've read to unlock the iPad is to sync it to the backup computer and select the iPad under Devices and click "Restore"...but at the time the guy didn't have a computer, so that method doesn't work.

Any suggestions on another way to get into the iPad?

Barry

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx
(519) 474-1253 res.