[muglo] Re: PC emulator, importing files

  • From: Lee Dickey <Lee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 17:58:26 -0400

Thanks, Eric, for your quick response.  I tried the drag and drop,
but that did not work for me, whether I dragged from the USB key drive
to VPC (no transfer, no link)  I dragged from the Mac Desktop to
the VPC.  Again no file transfer, no link.  I had the emulator running
and active at the time.  My pal is not running a mail program on his
Virtual PC, and disconnects his network connection while the VPC is
active, so your mail option seems to be out.  I think that we will try
your suggestion to use the VPC preferences to share an OSX directory
with VPC.  Report will follow.

Again, thanks.

On 2005 Oct 28, at 16:54, Eric Dunbar wrote:

> Simple solution: drag and drop the file to the VPC emulator, or e-mail
> it to a hotmail account and download into VPC.
>
> Slightly more complex: Using VPC preferences, share one of the OS
> X-native directories (folders in OS 9 parlance) and make it one of the
> drive letters in Windows. This will allow you to treat an OS X
> directory as if it were a native Windows directory.
>
> Most complex: read-the-manual
That gets me into that operating system much deeper than
I ever want to be.

> My documents and My desktop should be completely unrelated to OS X!!!

Thanks for this confirmation.

> As for USB key drives being shared... you'd have to check under the
> VPC preferences for details. (they'd show up as a D or E drive in all
> likelihood)

They did not show up.   It seems that the Virtual PC is not that smart,
or that feature is turned off.