[muglo] Re: Opening ".cwk" files

Ken wrote:

>Thanks, Tee. Unfortunately, I don't have MacLinkPlus (on any of my
>machines) - did previously, but it was probably part of an earlier OS.
>
>Strange though, why would AppleWorks wordprocessor (my iMac G4/ OSX
>purchased new about 2 months ago) be generating "cwk" files?

Hi,
    I think the answer lies in a bit of history. Clarisworks was changed
to Appleworks after Bill Gates bought into Apple & the old Appleworks;
which worked on the Apple //; was abandoned after Quality Computers in
Detroit was sold and no longer had any interest in Apples. The
Clarisworks name was changed, but evidently the programme stayed pretty
much the same and the file type "cwk" is evidence of that; it would have
entailed some major programming changes that were not justifiable cost wise.
    BTW I think I should come over some time & do a little upgrading &
Mac O/S  cleaning for you. Erics detail was quite good, but a little
overwhelming for the computer illiterate.
TTFN,
TeeC

           http://muglo.on.ca/