[muglo] OT anti-virus for PC

  • From: Theresa Roth <theresaroth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 08:57:12 -0400

My son's new Acer PC came with some free anit-virus software which has
now run out [90 days].

Since I do not have anything like this on my Mac, I'm wondering how
important it is for me to get this on his PC. I once heard from the
tech guys at Superior Computers in Lambeth that Norton Anti-Virus
sometimes causes more problems than it solves. This was however,
several years ago when we had older refurbished Dell P3's.

What has been your experience with anti-virus on PC? What would you
recommend I do?

Theresa