[muglo] Re: OS 8.6, MRJ 2.2.3, QuickTime 4.1.2

  • From: "Tee Cashmore.1" <tee.cashmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 12:48:08 -0500

Leith Peterson wrote:

> Thanks for the info.  Yes, I'm using Toast 4.1.2 with a USB Card.
> The manual and all the troubleshooting guides for Toast definitely
> make it clear that it's better to use 9.x, 8.6 being the minimum.
> However, upgrading to 9.x means installing some expensive RAM, and I
> think it would be better to go the route of getting a new usb cpu,
> rather than investing in RAM on a scsi system.
>
> I'm glad you clarified regarding a corrupt file not verifying.  I had
> been told that corrupt files do cause this.  However, I had found it
> odd that sometimes when verifying I get a verification aborted
> messages and sometimes I don't, even though I'm backing up the same
> software.  So, yes, it does look like it may be a CD burner-related
> issue.

Hi,
    I use a SCSI external LaCie burner with "Toast Lite" & I often get a verify
error message, sometimes a freeze, but the burned CD always works anyway.
Go figure.
As to extra Ram, I know some is still expensive, but it frequently is on sale;
bit
of a price war over the last 2 months! Upgrading CPU is fine, but if the present

one does the job, one has to figure the ram cost versus the loss on resale and
price
of new CPU.
    BTW I use 8.6 ( very stable) on one partition & 9.1 on another on my StarMax

3000 with Sonnet G3 card using 96 meg ram. CD burner works fine on both systems.

TTFN,
TeeC

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>