[muglo] Re: New copyright legislation

  • From: Gerhard Kuhn <gerhardk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 09:05:57 -0400

  Anonymity is a myth on the Internet. When you visit a web site they know your
IP address, the browser used, the version of that browser, your OS and the
version of that OS and who knows they may even know your shoe size. In general
this information is needed to make for a better browsing experience as some
sites are optimized for certain browsers and may direct you to another page if
you are using OS X rather than XP for example. I believe that there are ways to
hide this info but it has never been high enough a priority for me to put any
effort into.

Gerhard