[muglo] Re: More Lemon Aid--Adding a little sweet to the sour [was Pumpkins]

  • From: "Eric D" <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 08:26:11 -0400

>From: doug rogers <dougsamu@xxxxxxxxxx>
>To: "MUGLO Online" <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [muglo] Re: More Lemon Aid--Adding a little sweet to the sour [was
>Pumpkins]
>Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 06:58:30 -0400
>
> >I had such problems with dial-up I had to get rid of my ISP and
> >switch to high-speed at three times the price and no more speed. I even
>took
> >my G4 to Mac Outpost and they couldn't figure out what was wrong. Oddly
> >enough my old Mac system seven something works fine with the same ISP.
>
>yes. earlier messages pointed out that the modem works if I boot into
>OS9.ANyway, when I get teh Apple Base station with the built in modem,
>we'll see what happens.

Very interesting. I wasn't aware of that bit! So it's definitely not
hardware then.

Two of Larry's URLs I think you should definitely pay close attention to
(the others shouldn't apply to you... you should be running OS X 10.3.5,
10.2.8 or 10.2.6 (anything else and you're asking for trouble)... and you
DEFINITELY NEVER, EVER, ABSOLUTELY, UNEQUIVOCALLY NEVER should be running a
Norton product on Mac OS X (especially anti-virus software)):

I'd be interested to know what happens in your log file. It's been a while
since the start of this thread so perhaps you can describe:
(1) what it is that happens when you dial, and (2) what you've got your
modem settings set to? You use Sympatico as your ISP?

(...since I haven't move MUGLO over to my GMail account I don't bother to
keep threads around so I can't easily look at the start of this thread)

PS Hotmail just upped their free size to 250 MB, Yahoo has been at 100 MB
for eons and GMail is at 1 GB

PS2 I've got two GMail invitations to give away. Let me know if you're
interested and I should be able to seed the list with these two invitations
(on the condition that you offer two of your first batch of invitations to
other list members who'd like an address... this way everyone gets a shot at
an account in about a month or so (GMail occasionally gives out batches of 6
invitations for current account holders to send out).

Eric.