[muglo] Re: Longevity of "refill" toner cartridges

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 12:17:06 -0400

I've refilled enough of them to know..... there is nothing inside the ink or toner container to indicate fluid level. The circuitry counts the pages and according to average coverage, computes (guesses) how much ink is left. Try changing Refiller; they may be shortchanging you.

On Sep 4, 2010, at 9:54 AM, Theresa Roth wrote:

I’m curious what you are experiencing with “refilled” toner cartridges. Here is my experience:

They seem to be running out faster which might indicate less ink to begin with. However, it is only my impression, not an exact measurement and is subject to human recollection! My black cartridge is running out when the gauge still shows 25%. I use the printer regularly but it says I should get 425 more pages. The color ones show 50% left after only 47 pages when they are supposed to do 900 pages. The color pages were full-color coverage on 25% of the page. The problem may be the reused cartridge(s) show an incorrect level.

Just wondering  if you’ve had similar experiences.

HP Color LaserJet [scan, fax, copy, print]
New black $114
Refilled black $ 67

Theresa

Wayne Dobson