[muglo] Re: Inatalling Windows XP on MacBook Pro w/Mac OS 10.6.4

  • From: Bob McDaniel <rmcdaniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 15:15:08 -0400

Thanks, Dean.
Problem now in Disk Utility is to select a disk (drive) where "Partition" shows
and Volume Scheme and Volume Information boxes are not greyed out.  After
sitting awhile another entry appears below Macintosh HD and my optical drive:
Bob McDaniel's MacBook Pro, and indented below, time capsule backups. I sure
don't want to erase the backups!

It also says that the currently selected  disk (200.05 GB FUJITSU MMY 22) is
the start-up disk and it cannot be erased. BTW when I select "Macintosh HD" the
"Partition" button does not appear.
Bob