[muglo] Re: Inatalling Windows XP on MacBook Pro w/Mac OS 10.6.4

  • From: Dean Danis <dean_danis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 07:16:10 -0400

Hello Bob,

Once you partition a drive ALL data will be lost on it. Disk Utility will
format the drive for you once partitioned. Review your time machine backup to
make sure that important data is backed up before proceeding.

Dean Danis
519-494-8639
90 Caprice Cr.

London Ontario

N5V 3M2

> From: rmcdaniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [muglo] Inatalling Windows XP on MacBook Pro w/Mac OS 10.6.4
> Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 21:08:51 -0400
> To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> I am working my way through this procedure using Boot Camp Assistant. I'm in
> Step 1 where I create a partition for  Windows XP and have got a message that
>

> "The disk cannot be partitioned because some files cannot be moved. Back up
> the disk and use Disk Utility to format it as a single Mac OS Extended
> (Journaled) volume. Restore your information to the disk and try using Boot
> Camp Assistant again."
>
> I have never partitioned my MacBook Pro.
>
> My disk is backed up by Time Machine/Time Capsule so I have launched "Disk
> Utility". I'm uncertain how to use Disk Utility. Do I erase first, then
> partition, or does partitioning simultaneously erase?
>
> If anyone has gone through this experience, I'd appreciate any hints/advice
> on what to watch for.
>
> Bob
>

> ---
> Manage your account options at //www.freelists.org/list/muglo

MSN Dating: Find someone special. Start now.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9734384